Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fashion's Night Out recap




So I didn't come close to hitting everything on my list, which is fine; I did get to most of my priorities. At Calvin Klein I had some white wine and a near run-in with a perfect $800 black blazer; the brilliant Francisco Costa was there, along with Marilyn Minter. I didn't stay for the Bryan Adams performance, but his photos were beautiful! Emporio Armani had some fabulous, if impractically hued, fur wraps (pictured above). There were some delicious nibbles at Guiseppe Zanotti, and abundant champagne (if little else) at the upper Madison Longchamp. I stopped by the opening of Derek Lam's sleek new slice of a store uptown before taking the 6 down to his SoHo one.

I ran into Jane Aldridge on Crosby Street and gushed my fandom to her; she was expectedly charming and polite. At Derek there were Maryna Linchuk, refreshments, a photo booth and a fabulous gold sequined bootie, and we had some fun with the SANAA-designed mirrors in the fitting room. Last stop was my friend Blake's Ferality Show in my neighborhood on Clinton Street, where we arrived for the tail end of a raucous party. Another successful FNO, to be sure! I didn't buy anything, but I think I do enough of that on a regular basis to keep Anna happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment